- This event has passed.
Collaborative Problem Solving Parent Class (Webinar)
September 29, 2022
Thursdays, September 29-November 17, 2022, 5:30pm-7:30pm (PT)
Hosted by The Child Center and the Oregon Health Authority. Classes are facilitated by expert local Oregon trainers certified by Think:Kids.
- Learn the Collaborative Problem Solving® approach & effective ways to reduce conflict
- Build skills & confidence in using the CPS approach
- Network & share information about community resources
- Develop a new understanding of challenging behavior & learn new ways to help your child
- Rethink conventional approaches to behavioral difficulties and strengthen relationships
- Gain support from other parents
The Collaborative Problem Solving® approach is an evidence-based method to managing challenging behavior that promotes the understanding that challenging kids lack the skill – not the will – to behave; specifically, skills related to problem-solving, flexibility and frustration tolerance.
Unlike traditional models of discipline, the CPS approach avoids the use of power, control, and motivational procedures and instead focuses on collaborating with the child/ youth/ young adult to solve the problems leading to challenging behavior and building the skills they need to succeed.
*Cost: Free. Registration and more information here.