Eating Disorder Treatment Through a Social Justice Lens (Webinar)
March 27, 2023
Monday, March 27, 2023, 9:00am-1:00pm (PT)
Hosted by the Integrative Trauma Treatment Academy. This course is designed to identify and challenge harmful perspectives of health that have been normalized in Western culture and on an international basis. Participants will better understand how their own definition of wellness may be hindering their clients’ healing process, and how Health at Every Size and Intuitive Eating allows for an empowered and sustainable recovery. Although statistics on eating disorders are predominantly focused on younger white female-identified people, this course will discuss the impact eating disorders have on marginalized communities and male-identified people. 4 CEUs are available.
Participants will be able to:
- Understand how privilege and white supremacy impact disordered eating and negative body image globally
- Deconstruct measures of health that contribute to oppression, including BMI
- Gain clarity about how your definition of health or wellness may be colluding with your clients’ eating disorders
- Understand how Health At Every Size and Intuitive Eating combat diet culture in a way that promotes empowered recovery
- Identify how marginalized groups and groups that are missing in eating disorder statistics are suffering from disordered eating and body image issues
*Cost: $60. Registration and more information here.