- This event has passed.
Healthcare & Intimacy Virtual Symposium (Virtual)
Saturday, September 24, 2022, 7:00am-2:30pm (PT)
Hosted by Healwell. We will examine how healthcare providers’ discomfort around sex and intimacy leads to less-than-optimal care. This event is open to providers, patients, and advocates.
Our goals for this day-long event:
- Explore the idea of intimacy as so much more than sex
- Open the door to the reality that powerful therapeutic relationships rely on our comfort with non-sexual intimacy
- Soften some of the taboo around sex and bodily pleasure so we can allow our patients and clients the opportunity to discuss these topics in a safe, supportive space
Session topics include:
- Sexuality and Disability 101
- Talking the Talk: Interdisciplinary Strategies for Inviting Talk About Sex and Sexuality into a Holistic Healthcare Approach
- Who Gets to Have Sex? Broadening Our Lens
- Cultural Safety and Intimacy
*Cost: $75-$150. Registration and more information here.