Stopping the Cycle of Oppression: How Our Early Hurts Perpetuate Injustice (Webinar)
April 4, 2023 - April 6, 2023
Tuesday, April 4-Thursday, April 6, 2023, 10:00am-1:00pm (PT)
Hosted by Luna Jimenez Institute for Social Transformation. No person is born agreeing to oppress others or be oppressed. Young people have an innate sense of justice. We entered the world clear about our significance and ability to make things go well. It takes the systematic mistreatment of young people for us to doubt our goodness, thinking, or power to ensure justice for all. To interrupt the cycle of oppression we will need to recognize how we were hurt and commit to healing from internalized messages of discouragement, helplessness, or powerlessness. Giving up, waiting, or resentfully going it alone are no longer our only options. When we reconnect to our inherent human capacity to heal, we can and will stop the cycle of oppression.
Workshop Desired Outcomes:
- Understood how young people’s oppression and its effects leave us vulnerable to perpetuating the cycle of oppression
- Begun to recognize what our patterned responses to unhealed hurts are and how these patterns don’t take away from our innate human goodness
- Learned a theory of change that describes our human healing process
- Experienced the power of healing in community using LJIST’s core listening practice
- Deepened understanding of LJIST’s core theory of social transformation and its application to ending racism
*Cost: $427-$497. Registration and more information here.