- This event has passed.
Practicing Flexibility: The Importance of Matching Interventions to Client Readiness (Virtual)
Wednesday, March 22, 2023, 9:00am-2:00pm (PT)
Hosted by the Northwest Addiction Technology Transfer Center (ATTC) Network. Matching interventions to consumer readiness is an important aspect of providing quality care. Meeting individuals according to “where they are” and tailoring interventions to best address their identified needs is important throughout the stay of care as clinician flexibility has the potential to impact the therapeutic alliance, outcomes, and perceptions about future service attempts.
This training is to teach participants methods of providing individualized care, based on identified readiness for change through a combination of didactic and experiential learning opportunities.
By the end of this workshop, those who attend will have:
- Discussed the factors that influence change for our clients
- Identified specific factors that are relevant to work across the lifespan
- Increased knowledge of factors that influence our ability to adapt for our clients
- Examined the Transtheoretical Model as one way to contextualize readiness and orient ourselves to the current needs of our clients.
- Practiced skills for engagement and eliciting information that assists in applicable skill identification
- Practiced creating service plans with a stagewise lens
5 NAADAC CEUs will be available upon completion of this virtual training.
*Cost: $0. Registration and more information here