- This event has passed.
You Can’t Please Them All: How to Stop People Pleasing and Take Control of Your Life (Virtual)
March 9, 2023
Thursday, March 9, 2023, 10:00am-11:00am (PT)
Hosted by The Gottman Institute. Do you identify with any of these statements?
- You find yourself apologizing all the time for things that aren’t your fault.
- You feel responsible to keep the people in your life happy and taken care of?
- You feel burdened by all the things you need to do for everyone?
- You can’t handle it when people are angry at you?
- You will do almost anything to avoid conflict?
- You don’t let people know when they hurt your feelings?
If you have read this far, then you probably identify with several of the statements above and that’s OK. You can’t help it because you are wired to behave in ways that you believe will keep you from being alone in the world. However, these responses in relationships are actually keeping you farther from the secure connections that you want.
Join us for a live webinar presented by Dr. Dana McNeil, PsyD, about learning to identify when you are giving too much and why this behavior is keeping you from feeling close and connected in your relationships. We will identify what boundaries are, when they need to be set, why they are important in helping you feel safe and secure in all of your relationships, and the value of asking for what you need.
*Cost: $45. Registration and more information here