Eating Disorders, Trauma, & Dissociative Disorders (Webinar)
Monday, November 14, 2022, 9:00am-1:00pm (PT)
Hosted by the Integrative Trauma Treatment Academy. Trauma and eating disorders commonly co-occur, requiring eating disorder-informed professionals to be competent at treating trauma. This course will discuss the etiology of eating disorders and the overlap of this etiology with dissociative disorders. Participants will learn how to best care for clients suffering from both trauma and disordered eating when it is appropriate to recommend a higher level of care, and some of the complexities to consider in working with this population. There will be a case presentation that will allow participants to conceptualize and apply what they have learned in the course. Eating Disorders 101 or evidence of expertise in the field of eating disorders is a prerequisite for this course. 4 CEUs are available.
Participants will be able to:
- Understand the etiology of eating disorders and dissociative disorders, and the overlap between the two
- Conceptualize evidence-based modalities used for the treatment of eating disorders when co-occurring trauma and/or dissociation is present
- Define best practices in treating co-occurring eating disorders and dissociative disorders
- Understand complexities of working with this population
- Identify appropriate levels of care based on symptom presentation and availability of treatment at higher levels of care
*Cost: $80. Registration and more information here.