- This event has passed.
Introduction to the DSM-5-TR (Webinar)
October 19, 2022
Wednesday, October 19, 2022, 7:00am-10:00am (PT)
Hosted by the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) New York City Chapter. This workshop will focus on the new updates to the DSM as reflected in the DSM-5-TR and provide participants with an opportunity to apply what they have learned. An overview of the purpose of the DSM will be provided along with the differences between the DSM-5 and the new DSM-5-TR edition.
An introduction to the new disorder in the DSM-5-TR, Prolonged Grief Disorder, will be explored in depth along with two disorders that have been renamed. Participants will learn about all the new symptom codes along with new specifier changes and how to use them. Using case vignettes that feature clients with lived experiences, participants will engage in assessing and diagnosing various disorders. 3 CEUs are available.
With this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe and apply the new disorder in the DSM-5-TR, Prolonged Grief Disorder
- Describe and apply the new symptom codes to assess the presence/history of suicidal behavior and non-suicidal self-injury
- Summarize the two disorders that have been renamed
- Write a DSM-5-TR diagnosis along with ICD-10-CM Code
- Identify two strengths and two challenges with the new DSM-5-TR
Cost: $54-$81. Registration and more information here.